Monday, October 11, 2010

What A Ride!

Wow! Has it really been a year since I last posted? Yikes- that resolution sure didn't last long. Good thing my life wasn't depending on it. I am guessing that *composing* a post in my head, and actually *posting* a post in real life are two different things. Who knew?

Sigh. Life has gone on. My mom's dementia hasn't gotten any better- I guess people don't actually ever get better or recover from dementia, but still, one can hope. This summer was the summer from Hades, between my dad's complicated back surgery and recovery and my mom's stroke, 3 surgeries and seizures. Thankfully, this month has been a month of status quo- both parents seem to be in a stable place. I have a little space to breath.

You know those t.v. shows where one parent looks at the other and says, "It's finally quiet!" and the other parent says, "Too quiet!" and then both parents haul boo-tay up the stairs to find whatever awaits them up there? Yeah, that is where I am at right now. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Which is such a bad way to use my time. I have been praying for some peace; for a season of refreshing. Now that it is here, and am spending it freaking out about the future. This, I must work on.

No comments: